Saturday, June 2, 2012

Sonnet #1: To Storm Crow

On charcoal wings it plummets from above:
An omen ill, claims Arna Kennerüd.
Yet in my heart, its sight brings only love.
For Storm Crow, other two-drops I eschewed.
Play Tarmogoyf?  What if my graveyard's light?
I had as lief throw down a Runeclaw Bear!
Tiago's Mage is flashy, but too slight-
That weakling dies to Gut Shot, Zap, or Flare.
No Confidant too Dark shall grace my board,
Since cards for life I'll not so dearly buy.
Though Stoneforge Mystic bring along her Sword,
I'll none of her, until she learns to fly!
No better card did e'er see print in blue
Than Storm Crow, that magnificent 1/2.

3 comments:

  1. Bravo!

    Such a broken card deserves an ode. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There once was a card named Storm Crow
    Which broke every format we know
    Put four in a deck
    They'll say what the heck
    As through each opponent you'll blow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bwahahahaha. This is delightful. Better fit to the metre than most sonnets on the internet, too.

    ReplyDelete